1. P&G has over 300 brands globally which are available in over 180 countries 2. Over 100,000+ people are employed in P&G globally 3. It has around 24 brands which have annual sales over a billion dollars 4. Its brand have a high recall, high visibility due to excellent marketing and advertisng 5, P&G has operations in over 80 countries 6. P&G brand has also contributed as sponsors in major sporting and entertainment events
7. Several of its brands like Gillette, Duracell, Ariel, Olay etc are prominent global brands
8. P&G has been recognized through several awards across brands, sectors globally
9. Sponsorships of lifestyle events, competitions etc have helped the brand to build a connect with the people
10. Excellent distribution and availability of P&G products through supermarkets, groceries, online etc
1. Fake products sold under the name of their brand name is a big concern for P&G 2. Its products have stiff competition from big domestic players and international brands
1. P&G can tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas 2. Mergers and acquisitions can be done to strengthen the brand 3. Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand
4. P&G can leverage its strong name and powerful brands to diversify into more consumer products
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies can affect the market share of Procter and Gamble 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands worldwide 3. Competition from unbranded and local products
4. Since P&G is a global brand, recessions, fluctuating dollar prices, economic crisis etc can affect its business operations
The table above concludes the Procter and Gamble SWOT analysis along with its marketing and brand parameters.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Procter and Gamble. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with seo-optimism in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.